38. All growth is
Ask, Believe, Receive -- just three simple steps to create what you want.
However, very often the second step, believe, can be the most difficult one. And yet it is the greatest step you will ever take. Believing contains no doubt.
Believing is absolute faith. Believing remains steadfast despite what is happening in the outside world. When you master believing, you have mastered your life.
May the joy be with you.
I asked God for strength, that I Might achieve,
I was made weak, that I might Learn humbly to obey.
I asked for health, that I might do greater things.
I was given infirmity, that I might do better things.
I asked for riches, that I might be happy,
I was given poverty, that I might be wise.
I asked for power, that I might have the praise of men,
I was given weakness, that I might feel the need of God.
"Seek peace, and pursue it." -- Proverbs 34:14
"Mindfulness meditation" is a form of meditation that seems to be very topical these days as it's an easy practice that can help reduce stress and increase our sense of well-being.
Though practicing meditation or yoga definitely helps, what's great about Mindfulness meditation is that we can practice it in our everyday lives without having to set aside an hour for class or 20 minutes for alone time.
This can happen as we feel our feet as we walk down the street, savor in the smell of fresh baked pastry as we pass a bakery, or focus in on the different sounds of the subway as it stops at our station.
Here are 4 tips to help get you started with Mindfulness meditation in your everyday life:
1. Be in the "present" moment. Don't think about yesterday, tonight, or tomorrow—think about right now. How do you feel right now? What do you see? What do you smell? What do you hear? Use all your senses to be "present".
2. Be aware of your where you are emotionally and physically and appreciate the beauty of this moment and whatever senses you are using to further observe it. Simply put, Mindfulness is about "taking time to smell the roses." So smell them—and smell them with attention to detail!
3. Be aware of your mind/body connection. How does your body feel right at this moment? If you're walking, focus on one limb like your foot. How does your foot feel? Can you feel your toes? Do they fell heavy or light?
4. Be aware of your mind. Is it wondering? Am I really focused on the present moment?
Today, Creator of the Universe, we ask that you open our heart and open our eyes we can enjoy all of your creations and live in eternal love with you. Help us to see you in everything we perceive with our eyes,
Let us be aware of our power to create a dream of heaven where everything is possible. Help us to use our imagination to guide the dream of our life, the magic of our creation, so we can live without fear, without anger, without jealousy, without envy. Give us light to follow, and let today be the day that our search for love and happiness is over. Today let something extraordinary happen that will change our life forever: Let everything we do and say to be an expression of the beauty within our heart, always based on love.
Help us to be the way you are, to love the way you love, to share the way you share, to create a masterpiece of beauty and love, the same way that all of your creations are masterpieces of beauty and love.
Beginning today and gradually overtime, help us to increase the power of love so that we may create a masterpiece of art --- our own life.
Today, Creator, we give you all of our gratitude and love because you have given us Life. Amen.
Please visit our book store to purchase The Mastery of Love or one of Don Miguel's insightful books.
Resource: Don Miguel Ruis
Practice for each Brilliant Power
- Hold your intention – your ‘willingness to be opened’.
- Focus on the words above.
- Heighten your awareness of its energy by making an inventory of how you enhance or diminish this power in your life. Write it down.
- Accept your awareness without judgment.
- Be impeccable with your word to yourself as you make your plan of action. Communicate your intention to someone who will witness your accountability. Do what you say you are going to do.
- Generate the energy you are focused on until it becomes your natural expression and yours by right.
- Acknowledge yourself and give gratitude to this practice for Raising Your State.
"The kingdom of God is within you." -- Luke 17:21
SHOP AND GROW: Religion and Spirituality
Taize worshippers practice the silence with candles, incense and comfortable surroundings.
Taize is a form of contemplative worship that incorporates mystical practices and interspiritual beliefs.
"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it.
Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many.
Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books.
Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders.
Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations.
But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." – Buddha